Drilling is a type of mechanical treatment with a bore. Virtually any item in a composite structure has openings for durable and reliable fastening of elements. Use of different bores allows to produce holes varying in diameter and depth.
Drilling is the rotational movement of a bore and the feed is the longitudinal movement of a bore or of a workpiece. In our company we use various equipment for drilling: from simple drills to automatic drilling machines.
Types of drilling works:
- drilling cylindrical holes;
- drilling oval holes;
- drilling multifaceted holes;
- reaming (increasing diameter).
Equipment for drilling works
- Drilling cylindrical and multifaceted holes is made by means of differing in size bores. Basic materials for bores:
- carbon steel (for soft metals)
- low-alloy steels with higher heat resistance (for soft metals and alloys)
- high-speed steels (for metals in non-hardened state)
- bores with carbide tip (for non-hardened steels, non-ferrous alloys at high speeds)
- bores with borazon (for hardened steels, cast iron, non-ferrous metals);
- diamond bores (for solids).
Depending on the design and the location of the spindle drilling machines can be divided into three main classes:
- single spindle for vertical drilling. Allows to get the holes with a diameter up to 75 mm. They are also suitable for boring, reaming, countersinking, threading.
- Desktop drills. They are used for making holes in small details
- Radial drilling machines. Essential for boring holes in large parts that are difficult to move to the spindle
Rely on professionals!
Get a free consultation by phone: +7-812-332-83-94